AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building office. Not a professional carpenter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmtech2000
Posted 2/18/2021 15:13 (#8842415)
Subject: Building office. Not a professional carpenter

IL
Considering building an office. It won’t be at the shop, it’ll be at my dads house. I farm about 550 acres, and Dad about 1,500. So we don’t need a fancy office, with a conference room, and a place to sleep. Considering building it on a skid in case we ever wanna move it to the farm, and for tax purposes. Nothing fancy, I’ll put dry wall in, cheaper hard wood. Considering a bathroom, but that would be it. Want a bigger room for both of our desk. He’d have a desktop computer, and printer/scanner. I keep most of my stuff on my laptop but would use printer. Considering a separate room to keep back up paper copies. What are the do’s and don’ts? I plan on insulting good, will wall panel electric heat work, or should I look into something else? What should I consider for A/C? What about a ceiling? He’s completely old school and has everything in filing cabinets. I’m modernized and have everything on computer file. He wants to begin scanning new documents into computer and just hanging onto the more important paper copies for backup.. and pitching the less important.. instead of hanging onto all of it. Any ideas, tips, or advice?

Like previously noted, I’m not a professional carpenter.. any dimension recommendations would be appreciated, along with past photos, or blueprints.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)