AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perserverance on Mars
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 2/19/2021 17:01 (#8845093 - in reply to #8843444)
Subject: RE: Which one?

North of London
Coming back from the dead is not something that only the Jesus god did.
Many gods were believed to come back from the dead and most were believed in by people before the Jesus god come along.
Several Greek gods like Persephone rose from the dead.
The there were Egytian gods like Osiris
Hindu god Krishna among others
and of course the Norse god Odin who I think had a spear in his side which sent him to the realm of the dead but of course he was resurrected from this sacrifice

So how did you determine that the Jesus god was THE god that was resurrected and should be followed?

You claim there are eye witness reports.
I would be interested in knowing where these are.
My understanding was there are no 'eye witness' records only stories written by others years later about the crucifixion and especially the resurrection

I understood Josephus was the earliest recorded mention of Jesus and it happened 70 or more years after the crucifixion etc, was supposed to happen.

Tacitus is recorded later, after 100 AD and was talking about a great fire in Rome around AD 60 and talked about the Christians that lived at that time

The earliest written documents that are from what is now the Bible is only as old as around AD 200 and all copies going forward from that time are copied by hand and sometimes added to or changed from previous copies.

I think there is lots of doubt that any site has been proven to be King David's
Lots of possibilities for who built any of the several sites that it has been claimed were his.

Yes the list does go on and on
And believe is required for much on that list.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)