AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perserverance on Mars
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 2/19/2021 08:57 (#8844148 - in reply to #8843912)
Subject: RE: Perserverance on Mars

Sanilac Co. Michigan
dko_scOH - 2/19/2021 07:27

Yeah...had no idea a Mars landing would bring out such emotion. I'm guessing there is some concern that NASA will eventually find compelling evidence for life (present or past) on another planet. That would create a spiritual crisis for some?

Maybe it will find anti-abortion Christian microbes singing "Jesus Loves Me," and we'll hear it was the best money ever spent.

Dave, I think most folks understand this topic is particularly near and dear to your heart. One can speculate as to why that is, but that's another story.

Your castigating Christians in a sarcastic manner over objections to the time, resources and money spent on some esoteric pursuit as opposed to more palpable issues is a callous reaction, to say the least and a down right insult taken as a whole!

Consider this: people starve/die from famine, not because the earth can't produce enough food, but rather the food can't get to those that need it. At the same time there's celebration over flinging hardware to a specific spot, a ridiculously long way across space to a place that's uninhabitable. I guess it's your privilege to believe that's an ok situation, because, you know, it's all for the sake of science and that trumps any other consideration. Thing is, that's an easy stance to have, especially on a full belly.

Bottom line is, it's an expensive distraction from the real issues real people face every day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)