AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Run InCommand 1200 with a first gen 20/20?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 2/18/2021 04:13 (#8841160 - in reply to #8840997)
Subject: RE: Run InCommand 1200 with a first gen 20/20?

East Central, Nebraska
not sure what your end game is exactly from reading your post but i believe i do something similar. i am not a huge fan of all things precision, primarily due to the fieldview license agreement to take all my data and use it however they want, therefor i only use the 20/20 for downforce control. back in the day agleader only offered a hydraulic downforce only option which i did not care for as my planter where precision had an up and down option for airbags. i took and used that as a stand alone system and used the incommand 1200 for everything else. i split the planter monitoring data off and went into the agleader system with it. i even have load pins on 4 rows to monitor (only) downforce on the planter on the agleader side. agleader is doing everything but downforce (control) including, steering, population monitoring, electric drive control, planter liquid fertilizer control. im actually using precision vset meters, wavevisions and furrowjets from PP on the same planter. i feel as in todays planter environment, i still have the best of a lot of worlds but i am lagging on the downforce side.

so to in conclusion, you should have no problem running the incommand and doing all you want with it while utilizing the PP downforce system and in doing so you do not need to choose one or the other. of course you will have 2 displays in the cab but that is not an issue for me. this will allow you to see your data on both screens and log data with whichever screen makes you more comfortable.

couple things you will need to do is split off the planter monitor data to the agleader display. you will need a seed tube monitor module on the agleader side, likely the same as you use on the monosem (that is if your not using the KPMM, like you would usually see on a monosem), on my planter i just have a plug coming out of the PP box labeled seed sense and it goes to the round 30--something plug that goes to a planter monitor. the second thing you will need to do is feed both devices gps. if the tractor with the incommand already has a gps on it you can split that gps off of the incommand and go to the 20/20 with it. if the 20/20 already had a gps and so did the incommand you could run 2 gps' if necessary but i would much rather see a person feed both devices with one gps. i would use whichever of the two is the highest quality and is utilizing the highest level of correction.

obviously more details of your setup would be needed to go into specifics such as your current gps and such. also as for the sweetcorn and squash question, not knowing what meter your using i would assume you will have no problem with sweet corn but i have no idea on the squash.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)