AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AR blizzard today [pictures]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

J.Rabbit
Posted 2/17/2021 22:52 (#8841052 - in reply to #8840353)
Subject: RE: AR blizzard today [pictures]

White outs are the worst up here in South Dakota I've been caught out on the road three times during a white out. When you can't see beyond the hood of the car and you are afraid to stop because someone might drive into you is something I hope I never have to go through again. The best white out story was when my Dad was born in 1937. Grandma was in labor, during a blizzard of course, and there was no way to get her to a doctor or the doctor to the farm. So Grandpa hooked the team up to the bobsled to take Grandma to her parents house which was only a half a mile north and a half east of where Grandpa lived. They got there fine but it was time for Grandpa to get home to milk the cows. He left the in-laws farm and got caught in a white out, couldn't see anywhere and became disoriented, he had no idea where he was. He dropped the reins and told the horses giddy up, they took off and started walking, in zero visibility mind you, and when they stopped they were in front of Grandpa's barn. I guess the horses knew the way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)