AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lp gas price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mac4440
Posted 2/18/2021 08:54 (#8841635 - in reply to #8841511)
Subject: RE: lp gas price

mud-hog - 2/18/2021 07:07

coup - 2/18/2021 07:13

mud-hog - 2/18/2021 05:22

coup - 2/17/2021 23:30

mud-hog - 2/17/2021 22:16

coup - 2/17/2021 22:28

mud-hog - 2/17/2021 21:07

coup - 2/17/2021 21:50

mud-hog - 2/17/2021 20:21

You go thru a transport load of LP in CIL?

You need more insulation not more LP storage.

Bought six transport loads, have plenty of insulation. 5 houses, two shops, and dry corn.

2 houses. 2 shops. And my corn is dry too.

2600 gallon is what I bought on fill and contract.

Not sure how you are rolling thru 6 transport loads. Sounds wasteful.

You are clueless.

So 3 more houses burn thru 5 1/2 transports????

I’m guessing I’m further north than you are too.

You don't have a clue how much corn I raise. Furthermore you don't have a clue about how much LP have on storage.

Seems wasteful to blow thru that much LP. I’m further north than you and do it all with air. Start at 22%. You IL guys give me a chuckle.

You know for someone that preaches cutting the fat it sure sounds like your COP is bloated.

May seem wasteful to you , but you can't seem to understand how spending some $ on LP improves the bottom line by lowering COP for a farming operation.

Have seen plenty of air dryers get in trouble more than once relying on a bin fan and air to dry corn.

My electric cost for entire harvest was $0.01/bu

I started in mid sept on corn. Flipped to beans mid October. Finished corn before thanksgiving.

Takes a little patience and moving however air drying with many bins and shallow layers. I’d rather spend money on bins than dryers and LP. I understand some can’t do that further north.

No way I can air dry corn for a penny/ bu. Probably spend that much running fans periodically throughout the year. I don’t want to have corn in the field until thanksgiving if I can help it. Never know what the weather will do. Money ahead to have that dirt fertilized and turned under. Next years crop will benefit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)