AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9670 Yield Mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 2/18/2021 11:25 (#8841986 - in reply to #8840191)
Subject: RE: JD 9670 Yield Mapping

Quebec, Canada
I set up FieldView in a JD 9560 combine that only had an iTC receiver (which are dirt cheap to buy used since they are WAAS only and cannot be used for guidance according to JD) and the GreenStar yield sensors. You would need an iPad able to run iOS 14 (any iPad built in the past 5 years) and a FieldView Drive for $250 USD that plugs into the diagnostic port to read the yield/moisture/gps. I recommend paying $50 more for the Drive starter kit which includes a iPad RAM mount, but it isn't necessary if you really don't want the iPad in the window.

Technically the FieldView compatibility guide says that JD combines need a 2600 or newer monitor to work properly with FV, but I have made it work in one combine with the brown box and another that only had the command center screen built into the armrest. If you are interested in trying it, I can ask my coworkers to see if anyone is based near you that could test it out the FV Drive before you buy your own. You would still need to get your own iTC receiver first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)