AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM750 to scs460/SM3000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/18/2021 06:56 (#8841304 - in reply to #8839902)
Subject: RE: FM750 to scs460/SM3000

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

The cable in the link above is correct. It will plug into Port A on the back of the 750 and the round connector will plug into the Raven 460 as well as most all other Raven displays.

You will also need to go into the menu system on the 750 and "turn on" the digital or emulated radar output to ON. You will be asked a question concerning the Hz output you desire. I suggest 57Hz although many other choices could work as well.

On the Raven, you will need to set it to SP2 which is the speed selection for radar type input. I would try a Speed Cal on the Raven of around 612. Then test it. We assume the speed shown on the 750 to be correct. The speed shown on the Raven is based on the combination of the Hz number chosen for output in the 750 and the Speed Cal used in the Raven 460. I would just change the speed cal in the Raven. If the speed shown on the Raven is slower than what is shown on the 750, then INCREASE the speed cal to something slightly larger than 612 and try again until they closely agree. I would try driving on a road at a constant speed while comparing the two.

You also ask about a planter monitor. Unfortunately the planter monitor uses an AMP brand of connector. To use the 750 with the planter monitor you would need a cable with that end on it. You would use one cable for the Raven and a different one for the planter monitor.

Possibly you want to use both at the same time. Maybe someone makes a cable that plugs into Port A and splits with one branch for a Raven and another branch for the planter monitor. Another solution is to get a cable to go from the 750 to the planter monitor and then get a Y cable that attaches to it and splits to go to both. When I worked as a Tech, we made those as they could be used to split the signal from a real radar gun to both a planter monitor and a Raven.

The speed shown on the planter monitor also needs to be correct. This time, it is the combination of the Hz value in the 750 and the speed cal in the planter monitor. I believe using my suggestion of 57Hz in the 750 will allow you to adjust the speed cal number in the planter monitor to get its speed to agree. If the speed shown on the planter monitor is slower than the speed shown on the 750, DECREASE the cal number in the planter monitor. Note this is opposite of the Raven fine tuning.

It is possible to use some of the other pins in the Part A plug. It is possible to use an external switch or relay to start/stop a coverage map. The coverage map can be started/stopped based on when auto steering is being used or on an external switch or relay. I put a relay in between my Raven and 750 so that the 750 would start/stop mapping based on whether the Raven Master was ON/OFF. It is also possible to wire in one or two video cameras.

Edited by tedbear 2/18/2021 07:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)