AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill Gates on Synthetic Beef
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 2/17/2021 11:09 (#8839215 - in reply to #8838470)
Subject: RE: Bill Gates on Synthetic Beef

SE IL

mikado - 2/17/2021 06:40 I guess I’ll go here...... I know “white privilege” is a nice popular term and I won’t deny there is some truth but it is nothing compared to “rich privilege”. And Bill Gates is a glaring example We all saw and some lived thru the livestock processing plants problems last spring. One of the silver linings was a renewed interest in local, or maybe more regional supply lines. More and more embrace the buy local, know your farmer attitude......and now the masses are supposed to get some goop that’s called meat, from a factory? The Beef and Pork boards better come out hard on this. Run adds showing DDT being sprayed with that old slogan “better farming thru chemistry” while tying it in to a factory dropping the soylent green goop into cans and calling it meat. Besides......Bill Gates was just at the right place at the right time in history... I guess smart enough to buy a workable operating system when what HE wrote didn’t perform as well as several startups in the stone ages of programming your own computer. Why is he suddenly an expert on vaccines and climate change? Want to have a legacy and do something with the money that you’ll never be able to spend all by yourself? Build a damn library like Carnegie

That local thing may not be all it's cracked up to be. Especially if the consumer wants to know that your product was "sustainably produced" and wants paperwork to prove it. It's not going to be easy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)