Posted 2/17/2021 01:25 (#8838317 - in reply to #8837823) Subject: RE: Help with excel formula
Floyd County, Iowa
I looked at your sample and said WOW! I got my work cut out for me.
I have to begin by asking a bunch of questions before I start making changes.
I do have a couple of improvement ideas, but questions first.
No, it is not impossible to do what you are asking, but.....
01) Why do you not put your receipts for each bin on its bin tab?
01) CBB, why it is setup to work right to left?
02) CB3, in the Bin column you have it as C3. Is it C3 or should it be CB3?
03) CB4, in the Bin column you have it as C4. Is it C4 or should it be CB4?
04) DB1, in the Bin column you have it as D1. Is it D1 or should it be DB1?
05) DB2, in the Bin column you have it as D2. Is it D2 or should it be DB2?
06) CB3, CB4, DB1 and DB2 all have Bushels total towards the bottom but,
.........CBB and DBB have a Bushels total at the top. Why the difference?
07) Do you want a total to always be at the top of each bin Tab?
..........If it is always in the same place on every tab, it will be easier to pull that data
..........somewhere else later.
08) CBB, Cell S3, S4, S7, S14, S19 formulas sums from their same row.
..................example: cell S3 formula is =SUM(I3*R3)
.........The other cells in row S do not. Why?
..................example: cell S8 formula is =SUM(I6*R8)
09) CB3, DB1 and DB2 have the same formula problems in row S as CBB.
10) Loads, has the same formula problems in row T as CBB row S.
I think that is enough questions for now.
I see that durallymax came up with a solution for you while I was reviewing your sample and asking my questions.
If you decide to use his fix, no need to answer my questions.
You should still take a closer look at those incorrect formulas.