AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Large companies like ADM not sending 1099 forms for income
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Krakow1993
Posted 2/16/2021 16:09 (#8837271)
Subject: Large companies like ADM not sending 1099 forms for income

Hope everyone is staying warm out there. I have been reading a lot of talk about the Syngenta 1099 issue and it got me to thinking: Why do some large companies NOT send out 1099's? I sell grain to two outlets, my local cooperative and to ADM Grain. I receive a 1099 from my coop but not from ADM. Also, I do not receive a 1099 form from my local sale barn where I sell my feeder calves. All in all, it's north of $200,000 of income per year between ADM and the sale barn that I don't get a 1099. It's not a big deal on my end because I keep all the records of those sales and list them on my Schedule F, but if the IRS looks at my return it shows that I report a lot more income than my 1099 forms account for. Again, not a big deal to me because I report all that income, but it would be nice if my tax return matched my 1099's more accurately.

On a side note, I was talking about this with some other people. A couple of them said "If I don't get a 1099, I don't report the income". They were talking about the grain sales to ADM specifically. My jaw about hit the floor. I can't sleep if I make a $500 mistake on my taxes; I couldn't imagine not reporting my crop income for lack of a 1099!!!!!!

Anyway, just wondering how many others have wondered the same thing. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Krakow1993 2/16/2021 16:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)