AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip tillage in kura clover living mulch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jbalexa
Posted 2/17/2021 09:49 (#8839011 - in reply to #8838922)
Subject: RE: Strip tillage in kura clover living mulch

Hi Joe,

I apologize for the misunderstanding about the product name and purpose. I was told when the unit arrived that it was not your flagship machine but this is the first I'm hearing that it wasn't targeted for this use.

Yes, the plots were short (50 ft), but I knew enough that the product is supposed to run fast and the operator did a good job getting a running start and setting it down on the go. I don't think we were too far off the target speed.

Finally, I am not making strong conclusions based on this data, because as you can see, the experiment had other issues. All I hoped to do here was to show people what we are doing with this cropping system and see if I could get input from the community. Despite poor ground conditions, I was impressed with the seedbed left by the Dawn and I think that it has major benefits to the other machines, including the speed, the seedbed, and the fact that it ejects the clover roots out of the row zone, which should reduce competition. I appreciate that Dawn was so helpful and came to try this out and learn with us. That is what put me onto the company in the first place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)