AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is needed to make Ag Leader Insight work with JD 7200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/16/2021 09:38 (#8836343 - in reply to #8834861)
Subject: RE: What is needed to make Ag Leader Insight work with JD 7200

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Insight could be used as a basic planter monitor. It would not have the advanced monitoring information such as the newer Integra and current InCommand 1200 can provide. It would provide the basic information such as warning you when a row stops, row by row population, average population etc.

A Seed Tube Monitor Module (STTM) is needed with any of the above. This is a module that is connected to the Ag Leader CAN bus. A special cable is used to go from this module and will plug into your 37 pin connector. I was in a similar situation when we bought a used planter that had a Deere 350 in it. I could have placed the STTM in the cab and plugged in the 37 pin connector which was at the hitch for the 350 monitor. Instead I mounted the STTM on the rear of the planter with some other Ag Leader modules that I use for section control, spray and fertilizer. The harness from the seed sensors had a disconnect point on my planter that used a pair of 37 pin connectors, so I unplugged that cable there and plugged the Ag Leader in at that point. The cable leading from that point through the frame is no longer used and is just along for the ride.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)