AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel temperature gauge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Steigermorepower
Posted 2/14/2021 21:56 (#8833063 - in reply to #8833048)
Subject: RE: Fuel temperature gauge

Shimmy1 - 2/14/2021 21:49

I believe that when the pressure gauge tells you that you have a problem, it's too late. I think temp and pressure would be better.

Going to share some stories.
Don’t worry there’s plenty of money for the tow guys.

Crack open tank. If you see wax or super unclear it’s a no go.

Also always enjoy the stories from older truckers etc..
Here’s one such story. True or not? But interesting.

Turtle9343 , 01-07-2018 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by striper97
Turtle: They talk about paraffin becoming solid and remaining in the filter. Do I need to be concerned about that?
No. Like corndog said, once its returned to liquid form, it will stay that way. No chunks will remain.

Reminds me of a time many years ago, I was driving across Wyoming in the middle of the winter. It was somewhere around 30 or 40 below zero and the fuel gelled. I had two options. One was to call for a multiple hundred dollar tow, then pay an hourly rate to have my truck sit in the warm shop waiting on the fuel to liquify again. The other option was to endure the cold and howling wind, and get out every 3-5 miles to change the filter, until I could get to somewhere I could put some additive in.

I pulled over and changed the filter, then took the clogged filter and put it in the cab with me. I would drive a few miles until the truck wouldn't go any more, pulled over, and swapped the now warm filter with the newly clogged one. I alternated like that for around 60 miles until I got to civilization. It was a mother f***er to say the least, but I got there.

When I arrived at a large truck stop, I topped off the tanks with fresh diesel, and added a product called Diesel 911 to the tanks. Within a half hour, the fuel was completely clear again and didn't have another problem after that. Diesel 911 claims it will ungel fuel, which it seemingly did perfectly in that case.

What does all that mean? Nothing really. Just sharing an experience is all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)