AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV vehicles vs combustion engines vehicles?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 2/17/2021 01:54 (#8838322 - in reply to #8833276)
Subject: RE: Green energy is what we all do

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
deereman7 - 2/15/2021 04:13

The technology and common sense doent exist for use to go full green yet. Plus big oil and big electric don't want us to be able to have our own power plant to go green. Neighbor set up a 120k windmill 10 years ago and a battery shack. He's full green but has to pay 1600 a month to turn his power back to coop line when he is full. His monthly total on the battery shack (if he can do it) is roughly 500 a month. He and his wife had great jobs, where money is no issue. They upgraded to new battery shack last year to new style battery and new storage. That was 38k and now he's paying 700 ish a month in repairs and batteries. Where is the green in that, and how can everyone afford that? If it can't be done on a small scale, how are they going to do it on a large? There is a 400 ac solar farm going in near me. Big money to landlord for 50 years. The contract states that ground can never be used for agriculture again not only the panels toxic if broke, but the protective coating they spray on is horrible for the environment.

My brother works for an undisclosed auto manufacturer. They have been working 7 years on ev vehicles. Were far from there. Most of the technology that is lacking is the batteries. Without going to a precious metal battery, that is outrageous expensive, and more harmful, ev will not work. They can power little 2 door cars that have a 50 mile range, but not bigger cars or suv. His concern is have you ever seen a ev car explode and catch fire, a huge short? They melt whole cars and whoever is inside within 2 min. He has some crazy pictures that he couldn't send me because it's so hush hush. Ups had some small semi ev delivery vehicles at one point. They couldn't afford to keep them going.

I'm not against ev, I'm against racing full steam into something no one fully comprehends. I'll admit the older we get, the more we get stuck in our ways. It's harder to change. No one likes to be pushed into a rash uneducated decision. It's more scary it's the dems that's pushing this nonsense. It would be totally different if we would have been easing into this thing.

If those are the "facts" you choose to believe, you are mistakenly incorrect on most all of them.

If what you say about your neighbor is true, he's not too smart. If he indeed has to pay to send power back, (which I don't believe) he should get a few electric furnaces to use up the extra power.

The panels are not toxic, I'll go out an lick mine if you want. By spewing this s*** you join the ranks of those claiming glyphosate is bad

The range on cars is 400 miles. What's the comment you make about 50 miles? Are you a hillbilly that is still using the news from 10 years ago?

I'm sure there are electric cars that have exploded, have you ever seen a gas car explode? Both rare, don't be a scardy cat. Just because bad things happen in gas cars, does that scare you from getting behind the wheel?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)