AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does a repeater work on a base station?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 2/13/2021 10:03 (#8828919 - in reply to #8828854)
Subject: RE: How does a repeater work on a base station?

Alberta
not sure how they all work, but I have a trimble 542 base and a couple repeaters. I just plug in the repeaters and they receive and transmit signals. The 542 can take up to 4 repeaters and you number them 1 to 4 in the programming. As well you have to program in base channels and passwords etc. I have one repeater 5 miles from my base and the other I leave in my service truck. When I am in field with spotty reception, I park my service truck on a hill with decent CMR and I am good to go. farthest field about 9 miles from the base with very rolling terrain with trees and big hills and usually I have no issues. My biggest issue is the oilfield and since they installed remote wireless for monitoring, I think radio interference from their wireless is my biggest issue. I can be parked in a place where I had decent CMR before they installed wireless monitoring radios and antennas, and after they installed the antennas, I can have zero CMR only 3/4 mile from the base. Seems if I change my base channels when this happens, my reception is better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)