AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School me on VPN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 2/13/2021 01:29 (#8828325 - in reply to #8827407)
Subject: RE: School me on VPN

Texas
You most likely don’t need one. Basically a VPN takes over all communication between your computer and the internet. It encrypts the data sent back and forth between your computer and the VPN server and then the server relays everything out to the internet. You can choose VPN servers pretty much anywhere in the world so you can make it appear that you are in another state, another country, etc.

I have one I use because I travel a lot for work and use public WiFi connections. When using public wifi it is possible for nefarious people on the public wifi to capture your traffic. They could get your passwords, etc basically by eavesdropping on the network. With a VPN the traffic is encrypted so the eavesdroppers couldn’t make use of it.

If you use public wifi it would be a good idea to have one. If you just use the internet at home there really is no need unless you want to hide what you are doing online from your ISP. They do typically slow down your internet traffic some.

I have used private internet access (PIA) and Proton VPN. Both worked fine but I like proton a little better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)