AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat potential freeze damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 2/12/2021 08:35 (#8826317 - in reply to #8826187)
Subject: RE: Wheat potential freeze damage

You guys out West are much tougher than us, um, I state guys in general, but relative to what we're used to lately, we are getting a taste of some real winter. Before all the snow, had what I'd refer to as a soft ice layer in the fields, not one that I'd expect to be thick enough to suffocate wheat, but the pine trees especially had limbs crashing down, and have had a couple short duration storm related power outages. Since then we keep getting dry snow almost daily, but never that much at a time. Enough to cancel school once or twice a week type events, maybe have an accumulative foot or so of dry stuff. Don't think it's been above freezing for a couple weeks, and have some predicted -10 nights coming. Sunday and Monday not predicted to get above 0, so not extreme, but putting together a pretty long streak of way below normal for here. Not much wheat around here, as C/SB's dominate, but think what wheat is here would be in decent shape.

I know, what we might try to call a blizzard here you'd refer to as a minor nuisance out West, lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)