AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winter Wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Art Vandelay
Posted 2/11/2021 16:05 (#8824867)
Subject: Winter Wheat

I've read a lot of good comments on wheat on here recently so I'm thankful for all the responses. I usually don't grow much but decided to grow more than usual this year and with prices where they're at, I really want to try to maximize yield. I got it planted on time and have a good stand with the wheat being about 4-5" tall. The snow cover is hit or miss right now, about 1/2 has an inch or so of cover and the rest is bare. Will the temps around 0 be a concern?

After reading some threads below, I've decided to split my top dress N with about 50 units N with some sulfur now and another 50 units N with just straight UAN later. What's the timing of the second app of N? Late March? Part of me want's to put all the N on now to keep from rutting up the field, but based on what I've read here recently it sounds like it's more important to split the N.

Also, if I do put the second shot of N on in late March, would it be a good time to add Harmony to the mix for weed control or do I need to count on another herbicide pass after March?

Thanks,
Art
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)