AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bin Storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/19/2021 09:50 (#8844281 - in reply to #8822878)
Subject: Question and Thoughts

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Guess, I don't quite understand. do you move the bin level indicator by hand with your finger on the screen as you remove or add corn? If so then this is a visual bin indicator that you can consult rather than writing down your estimates on paper?

We've talked about writing data back to the eeprom for future use after a power down and restart. An external device could be used I'm sure. I'm thinking there should be some type of scheme where the addresses for storing the information could move around progressively to "even out the wear" so to speak. I know that the eeprom has a fixed amount of writes but apparently the "regular" memory where the sketches are stored is a different type and doesn't "wear out"?

I save the calibration number in my Batch Maker project in eeprom. I don't think that I will have to worry about the eeprom memory location "wearing out" for my situation. Upon initial startup, the sketch reads the value from eeprom, reading does not cause any wear. I use the eeprom.update rather than eeprom.write. The eeprom.update compares the current value against the stored value and only rewrites if the current value is different. In my project, it wouldn't change very often, maybe never..

Your situation would be different since the bin levels would be changing every time you added or removed grain.

Here's a couple of pictures of my display. The displays don't have decimal points in the usual positions. I needed to use the upper dot as the decimal point for tenths. The first picture shows the - - - -, that would be shown after the Black button on top is pushed to begin a new batch. The other picture shows a running batch total of 1.2 gallons.

I have a procedure for adjusting the Cal number if necessary, by using some other buttons. I purposely setup the calibration changing procedure as a two handed operation so it doesn't get invoked inappropriately and mess up my calibration.

Edited by tedbear 2/19/2021 10:25

(Batch_Start (full).JPG)

(Run_Display (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Batch_Start (full).JPG (70KB - 145 downloads)
Attachments Run_Display (full).JPG (72KB - 147 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)