AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers and ethics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 2/10/2021 17:38 (#8822435 - in reply to #8822384)
Subject: RE: Farmers and ethics

sw ontario
Baby Bull - 2/10/2021 18:22

Everyone has their own opinion. Yours is a fine one. Mine is just a little different. I do agree about crop insurance though. I don’t think it should be subsidized. At the very least there should be a limit on how many acres the government will subsidize per entity.

I understand people will weasel around whatever limits are put in place but I also don’t feel someone that feels they need to farm half the county should get tax payer funded insurance for the whole kit and kabootle.

Likewise, why did the BTO in my neighborhood get cash through the ppp program to make his payroll when he was never shut down? He basically got free labor last spring on our backs.

Its the same in Canada , farm subsidies/programs are mostly based on size,volume and dollars......This is some help for those struggling but what it does in the end the BTO's get lions share of funds and use that money to grow bigger,out bid the 'guys in need' and just move that much farther ahead of the pack.
I really can't understand gov'ts thinking its good to send farmers with 10(s) of millions in net assets other taxpayers monies when at the same time that the little small business owner s are just trying to keep there lights on .

If farmers think we are all free market capitalists we should just look in the mirror and look at our gov't monies on our tax returns.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)