AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top loading sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

slewis
Posted 2/11/2021 14:25 (#8824674 - in reply to #8820931)
Subject: RE: Top loading sprayer

SE Washington
I can't imagine having to dump everything through the top of the sprayer still, used to do that for awhile but that was before I set up a trailer. Right or wrong I don't use the expensive venturi under the cone. My cone is between the pump and the tank so the pump sucks it clean. Usually just close down the tank valve a hair and that does the trick to get the cone going. I (knock on wood) haven't had any contamination issues doing this but I only have to worry about spraying wheat and glyphosate. I think it's pretty typical to run a small clean water line off the pump into the cone and to a hand nozzle for both rinsing jugs and filling the cone up with water when dumping dry products in. Using pvc parts and a end cap with holes drilled in it you can make a jug rinser. I had issues with the rinser you pushed down on, sometimes it'd stick down and blast you in the face when you pulled the jug off. If you do a lot of bulk glyphosate you could plumb a line straight into the cone. I haven't got around to that yet. As mentioned get the full drain bulkhead for the bottom of the cone, I like to be able to get the thing to completely drain out. Last thing is get the hinged lid over the screw on one, less likely to lose it going down the road.
Thanks for those videos, I'm definitely gonna have to make up some stainless handles.

Edited by slewis 2/11/2021 14:38

(IMG_20210212_002003590 (full).jpg)

(IMG_20210212_002012318_HDR (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20210212_002003590 (full).jpg (70KB - 22 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20210212_002012318_HDR (full).jpg (135KB - 18 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)