AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Riddle me this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 2/9/2021 02:44 (#8818021 - in reply to #8817684)
Subject: RE: Riddle me this?

My wife and I did exactly what 76 inches pointed out above, moved 80% of our equities portfolio over to annuities to provide guaranteed lifetime income. The other 20% will make systematic liquidations from 62-70 to bridge the SS gap and defer SS to age 70 for both of us, maximizing another guaranteed income stream to the fullest. (We’re both healthy) Will let the annuities grow also till age 70, at which time the longevity credits have also built up to further enhance a higher guaranteed lifetime income. A life only annuity backed up with permanent life insurance is the best personal private pension a person can create for themselves, especially in these times of next to nothing interest on savings. I don’t forsee us owning any equities after age 70. No need to. And I help pre retirees setup plans exactly like this all the time. Folks saved all their lives chasing returns, when they retire, they’re tired of that and don’t want to suffer order of returns risk, and I don’t blame them. When a person relies on equities to fund retirement, there’s a very real chance you’ll run out of money, and the worry is you don’t know when......

Edited by Boone & Crockett 2/9/2021 03:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)