AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice on a youth bow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

puff33m
Posted 2/9/2021 20:29 (#8820226 - in reply to #8817306)
Subject: RE: Advice on a youth bow

N FLA
This is just me being difficult, I haven't bought a bow in a long long time. But you are looking at $400 bows that weighs 3 pounds, for a kid that you want to spend $100 on. And there's nothing wrong with spending $100. Nothing worse than telling a kid he has to make something work for the next 7 or 8 years. If he's hung in there with sisters pink bow he's obviously a good kid and going to love whatever he gets. But I wouldn't pressure him into this has to work until you're out of the house as an adult.

I'd be skeptical of a one size fits all from 13-31, but it's obviously a great bow. I just can't believe it's adapted from 7 year olds to adults. But maybe it is. Have you considered a basic bow that is adjustable from like 26 to 30" and 40 to60 pounds? Put him on the short end now and adjust it the next 2 or 3 years. Something that maybe he only needs to get 2 or 3 years out of and can resell for $30 later when he's ready for a $300 bow? Then he will know more about archery and will know exactly what he is looking for in a bow?

Just some thoughts. The bow you posted is way better than the bow I posted. And the one I posted may be a touch too big. You'd just have to have him try it at the store.

(Screenshot_20210209-205430 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20210209-205430 (full).png (146KB - 79 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)