AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Renting an older 300+ HP tractor, what are common details/understandings/warranty’s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 2/7/2021 12:36 (#8813562)
Subject: Renting an older 300+ HP tractor, what are common details/understandings/warranty’s?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I casually mentioned to one local salesman I might be interested in renting a older large pony if they had one on one of their lots at spring time. I’m just needing maybe 100ish hours of use, and I’m not picky on what it is. I’m not needing a $150,000 tractor. I’m hoping they’d have something they’d rent for $60 an hour and maybe require 100 hr minimum.

This is basically a fill in for the time being while I try to sell one tractor I have now (200HP) and look for the right replacement for it.

What details should I assume and what should I ask and try to negotiate if I talk to a couple dealerships? There is a red dealer and a green dealer nearby, and a Agco/Challenger dealer near also (but I don’t currently do any business with)

I don’t know if I’d be liable for repairs if it’s not our fault something broke? I realize I’m looking for a $6000-7000 rental and it wouldn’t take an act of god to put them in the red on it either.

I’m a little distraught if I’m completely wizzing away money if they’ll even do it, or if I’m thinking along the right lines to have a year to search out the right tractor to buy. I’m probably in the $40-60,000 range on a tractor. And I realize $6000 would be a decent down payment on one, but I’m waiting to see if my tractor sells, and don’t want to be in a rush to buy the wrong tractor, especially with things selling quick lately with better grain prices and upbeat attitudes of some farmers...

Edited by GrainTrader 2/7/2021 12:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)