AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banding Fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

oakridge
Posted 2/4/2021 10:24 (#8806054)
Subject: Banding Fertilizer

West Central Wisconsin
I tried strip till about 5 years ago with anhydrous and dry p&k. The yield response was phenomenal but in our rolling hills, the strips washed out. We also didn't have good gps guidance then. Now that we are going back to cash cropping more so than producing feed, I'm interested in banding Fertilizer again. We also now have trimble's satellite version of rtk. I'd like to band fertilizer without working a strip. Thinking jd single disc Fertilizer openers or an equivalent. Then coming back and planting over those bands. If it was in the spring I could also put out some 28% via saddle tanks in the tractor. My goal would be to do it in the fall. Possibly even running row cleaners to move the trash away. Eventually I'd like to just have in furrow on the planter and focus on planting instead of dealing with all the liquid at planting. Any one actually doing this? And thoughts as to the type of row unit you would use? Other thought was to use this same tool to side dress, if I could offset the hitch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)