AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 1/31/2021 07:08 (#8795789 - in reply to #8795714)
Subject: RE: Health Insurance

East of Broken Bow
Yes, Obamacare is a convoluted system. Make a blind guess how much money you will make next year, and if you guess too low, you immediately have a tax bill due. Guess too high, and maybe 6 or 8 months later, you get a refund of what you overpaid.

Anyway, the MSA and IRA contributions have already been mentioned, but one thing I see hasn't.
College funds.
Now, the qualifications are pretty complex, I won't even begin to pretend I know what it takes to qualify for the tax deduction for that, but I do know some people have been able to set up a prepaid college fund in such a way, to be able to expense out (some or maybe even all) money put aside for a college fund for children or grandchildren. I have zero idea how it works, or what you have to do to qualify, but I do know of a few people who have done that, for the purpose of tax planning/Obamacare. They figure the kids are going to college anyway, so why not put something aside, and get a deduction on it. The only thing I have really gathered from talking to those people, is that there are lots of hoops to jump through, both in how you set up the account, and how they use the account. Also, if the kid doesn't go to college, I have no idea what happens then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)