AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help! Radar on C3000 Monitor for White 8824 Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 1/31/2021 10:29 (#8796243 - in reply to #8793267)
Subject: RE: Need Help! Radar on C3000 Monitor for White 8824 Planter

Jeffersonville, OH
tedbear - 1/30/2021 09:02

Mopar - 1/29/2021 17:58

Thank you everyone for your help. I think i was confused when i said clutches. I think the man was talking more about the hyd. drive. Thanks again

Oh, it has hydraulic drives? Now we hear the "rest of the story".

The GPS versus radar for the hydraulic drive does have merit then. Stopping in the middle of the field can be a problem and may leave a gap. The problem is not transferred to the end of the field as the speed would likely be consistent there. Bottom line is don't stop in the middle of the field unless absolutely necessary. You should stop and dig, but plant to the end at normal speed, raise the planter and then stop and walk back to dig. If you must stop mid field you will have a gap before seed is delivered to the ground. With some systems you could shut off the auto swath, back up, drop the planter, and drive forward then engage auto swath again. This might result in some doubling which is better than a gap.

The clutches are based on your location but use ground speed to help with the timing of how much to lead the turning ON/OFF point.

The systems can work well but assume that you will be dropping the planter at normal speed and early. Likewise on the other end, raising the planter late while travelling at normal speed. The folks who were of the stop, drop and go method of operation with an older ground drive planter without clutches will need to change their interaction or they will be working against the system.

I would still like for you to explain how an AGCO C3000 controlled planter can use ONLY radar to control the row clutches?

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)