AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 1/27/2021 20:49 (#8787591 - in reply to #8784094)
Subject: RE: Fieldview

Quebec, Canada
You can make planting scripts for beans using the manual zone scripting tool (you can also make scripts for spraying or spreading). There is the tool for generating corn seed scripts that will look at yield maps and Field Health Imagery for the past few years to create zones and assign populations for you. That tool isn’t available for soybeans, apparently beans have a more complicated relationship between population and yield, so harder to build a reliable scripting tool. That said, you could take the zones created for the corn script and just change the populations so that it makes sense for beans.

As for the waterways, I’m not sure what you mean. Around here a waterway would be a deep ditch or creek so I’m guessing that the term means something different for you.
During harvest, the FieldView Drive puck gets its information from the combine, so if the combine has its head down and separator engaged then FieldView will record whatever the yield sensors are showing. I’ve seen some yield maps where a combine operator was mapping 0 bu/ac down the road between the farm and field because the head was lowered to harvesting height. That was a pain to clean up.

There were a few quality of life improvements on the website recently, like being able to view and drop pins from climate.com. There are some more updates coming to the website in the near future. The pricing model changed recently, (I’m assuming you are in the USA) now FV is $99 per year flat rate, or free if you are signed up for Bayer Rewards.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)