AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have you ever had strange or unexplained experiences in remote areas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Texaswheat
Posted 1/30/2021 17:03 (#8794573 - in reply to #8783703)
Subject: RE: Have you ever had strange or unexplained experiences in remote areas?

mri5378 - 1/26/2021 14:16

Well, the cat is out of the bag now, you have to tell us your mom and dad's story!

My strange experience was a longgg time ago in high school we traveled two counties over to go to go to a town festival going on. We took gravel roads on the way home for a shortcut. Someone in the car had to stop for roadside bathroom break. I got out too and went ahead of the car a little bit and not fifty yards ahead of me was a train going across the tracks at high speed with zero train lights, one in the morning and zero intersection lights and almost silent. Surreal. Had we not stopped to go for bathroom break we would have hit that train at full speed. I count my lucky stars I can write the tale. I can still feel the wind of that train to this day, the others thought nothing of it, barely noticed it, I knew we had extremely fortunate luck to have stopped.

Fantastic experience and you lived to tell it!

I’m waiting to hear back from a well known YouTuber and see if he is going to tell my mom and dad’s story on his channel. If he doesn’t use it then I’ll come back and share it here. As a child and even later years spent a lot of time not terribly far from where it happened. At times ,while walking back in the dark, it could be spooky with family members after a long fishing excursion. And this was before ever hearing the story. Mom never told me what happened until I was nearly an adult.

My last surviving uncle told a brief story of a strange experience that his oldest brother had. I have reservations about whether to believe that one. They were all big talkers. He was on horseback in the hills and was on his way to visit a girlfriend. Said something in the dark grabbed the reins and badly spooked the horse while crossing a narrow creek. All I will say is that the story my mom and dad told was 100% truthful. They didn’t make up things or ever have a history of trying to gain attention. Both were hard workers.

Edited by Texaswheat 1/30/2021 17:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)