AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Didn't want to derail the sausage post, any Czech Agtalkers onboard?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 1/25/2021 07:48 (#8779681 - in reply to #8777790)
Subject: RE: Didn't want to derail the sausage post, any Czech Agtalkers onboard?

East of Broken Bow
Dave Cen.Ia - 1/24/2021 15:19

My Mom has kept a bunch of recipes and stories going with great accuracy for years, until lately. She used to speak of a Czech sausage they made at home and years ago my Uncle made some but being young and stupid (I have outgrown one of those conditions) I didn't pay attention or write anything down. The way that Mom pronounced it sounded like "must tin neet sa". I have no idea if I am phonetically correct on that or not. Google has not been my friend either. Would anyone have a clue to something similar sounding or an old family recipe? I recall that my Uncles was a link in a casing and he had pressured canned them in mason jars to preserve. It seemed like the meat and the casing were a lighter color. My Uncle and his wife are gone now and Mom's memory is slipping away too. Just chasing old memories on a chilly Sunday afternoon. Thanks for looking.

I have an old cookbook with a recipe for it. My scanner is broken so I'd have to type it in manually, but we're in a blizzard warning, so I'd have time and be happy to do it, if you want the recipe.
Let me know, and I'll try and get to it sometime today. You can reply here, or email me (email is good in profile).
I'd probably post it here, so anyone else interested, could have it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)