AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner Yield monitor.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 1/19/2021 07:25 (#8763172 - in reply to #8762220)
Subject: RE: Gleaner Yield monitor.

Quebec, Canada
I’ve never tried exporting AgLeader Advanced format, but I have tried importing both the corrected yield maps vs the raw data points and compared them in FieldView. The maps are quite similar, other than some “empty” yield points on the headlands where the combine was turning around.

How much data is missing? I cannot comment on FarmTRX since I don’t know how their software is built, but one of the common causes of missing maps on FieldView comes from the operator forgetting to switch fields on the screen when moving from one field to another. The result is that field 1 has no harvest map but field 2 has the harvest map for both. Usually we catch these by checking the farm’s total harvested acres, if that number looks right then we are dealing with maps in the wrong places, if the harvested acres is off then either data is missing (usually a device failed to sync with the cloud, but hopefully still has the data stored locally) or labeled incorrectly (soybeans labeled as green beans for example). Again, that’s how FieldView works, I’m just guessing that FarmTRX works in a similar way but I could be wrong.

As for the reports not working, I have not heard anything about that, but all the FarmTRX customers I have talked to also use FieldView so I don’t know how much they use the FarmTRX reporting. They never mentioned losing any data with FarmTRX though. Is reporting a paid feature? This website compares their subscription vs free account, but doesn’t mention reporting other than the the Field Binder PDF export https://www.farmtrx.com/blog/farmtrx-web-service-basic-vs-premium/

(351EA370-2635-49F8-8543-ADA4DF61DC6B (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 351EA370-2635-49F8-8543-ADA4DF61DC6B (full).jpeg (102KB - 116 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)