AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader half planter disconnect on a JD 1790 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/17/2021 17:51 (#8759314 - in reply to #8759077)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader half planter disconnect on a JD 1790 planter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Duane in ND - 1/17/2021 16:38

On my switch box I had switch 8 and 9 as the seed control master switches for each half.  I could shut off each half manually that way.  Switches 1-4 were the 4 sections of row units I could do that to also either just 4 rows when doing corn on 30" rows or 7 or 8 rows when doing soybeans.  Of course that 4 switches were running my row shut offs whereas switch 8 and 9 shut on/off the hydraulic drive.

edit - I added a photo

My original thinking in my post above was that a person would have the ability to shut off the hydraulic drives manually as you do with your switches 8 & 9. When I tried creating a test configuration for my reply, I tried a planting configuration with two hydraulic drives but no section control. I was not able to assign the drives to switches such as you have. If I had indicated that section control was available then I was able to reassign the motor switches. It seems to me that I was able to do that in the past on the bench but am not able to this now.

When trying to create a planting configuration with two hydraulic drives WITHOUT a Clutch Control module I was asked the number of sections but never given the opportunity of choosing two varieties as I was when I created a planting configuration with two hydraulic drives AND a Clutch Control module. It seems that the manual method of shutting off a drive in not an option. It would be a bit of a hassle anyway.

In your case you can manually shut off the left or the right drive but I'm not sure why you would want to as shutting off those sections manually would accomplish the same result but again you COULD if you wanted to. I have a ground drive 24 row with 12-2 row sections for seed and 4-6 row sections for spray and 1-24 row section for starter fertilizer. I have various switches to manually work with the sections which is fine but actually foolish since I just leave them on at all times and let auto swath take care of turning things ON/OFF. I do occasionally use the spray off switch if I don't want to apply pre emerge with the planter but that is quite rare.

Edited by tedbear 1/17/2021 17:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)