AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a 20/20 monitor control a fert pump with a PWM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/16/2021 08:34 (#8755293 - in reply to #8754959)
Subject: RE: Can a 20/20 monitor control a fert pump with a PWM

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not certain what would be involved in using the 20/20. There is likely a module that could monitor a flow meter and ground speed to calculate the applied rate. That device could likely create and control the PWM valve. With an Ag Leader system this could be done with their Liquid Product Control Module. A Raven 440 could work also providing they have the PWM control choice. The later models had a PWM and PWM Close choice. An inline flow meter would be needed for any of these suggestions.

Stand alone PWM controls are available where you could adjust the pump speed with a knob. You would need to adjust this by "trial & error" as you would not know the applied rate unless you had a flow meter. This may or may not be acceptable to you. Personally I would want the applied rate shown on a display.

Here are some manual PWM controls from Amazon. You would connect 12V and Ground to the device and run a pair of wires to the PWM valve. You could wire in an implement switch so the pump would stop when the planter was raised.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pwm+controller+12v&crid=16E0WSK9XFCXY&spr...

Edited by tedbear 1/16/2021 08:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)