AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bayer, Basf, Corteva, Syngenta, Cargill, Nutrien lawsuit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 1/14/2021 19:04 (#8751518 - in reply to #8749981)
Subject: RE: FBN is bad for the farm economy

Amherst WI
I agree with this.

I have gotten to the point that I will buy from whoever shows up with a price that is cheapest and can get it here at the specified time. Don’t show up? I’m not going to call you for a price.

Sometimes that’s the coop, sometimes that’s the private retailer, sometimes it’s loads right off the river.

I get frustrated paying extra for services I don’t utilize from many retailers. They don’t come scout fields in season, I don’t use their equipment (sprayers, spreaders, liquid tank trailers ect) for the most part so why am I paying to subsidize those who do? When I needed these in the past they either weren’t available for me to use or they did a poor job so I got my own.

When it comes to local community involvement other than maybe a few fair animals, food pantry donations and a race car sponsorship I can’t think of anything they do. The first two I don’t have a problem with, but as a “member owner” why am I funding a race car habit?

Maybe if anything FBN will make these retailers realize they offer more services then some of their customers want nor want to pay for.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)