AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Litterbugs , how to deal with them?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 1/13/2021 17:32 (#8748601 - in reply to #8748496)
Subject: RE: Litterbugs , how to deal with them?

SW OH
That won't do 1 bit of good in Ohio. A few years back we were having a family event at the farm. We had all the road frontage cleaned up and looking good. Early that morning my wife and I go to the farm and there is a tremendous amount of trash n the ditch for 500 feet including a 55 gallon trash bag. We start picking it up in a hurry, dirty diapers included. We found 3 pieces of mail with names and an address about 1,000 feet away on a side road. Called the sheriff's office and requested an officer ASAP. When the deputy showed up we were half done picking it up. I showed him the mail. He said he could not do anything about it. He told us that unless he witnessed them deliberately throwing it on the ground, it's not littering per state law. Even if he was following a vehicle and the bag somehow came flying out the window, he couldn't do anything because it could have just "blown out" from having the windows down.

I never looked up the Ohio revised code to see if the law is that lame, or if the officer was just that lazy. He did go to the address and came back as we where about done. Told us they must have moved and they left behind 10 times more trash at the address. Which lead me to believe it was intentional vengeance.

To the OP. Collect their trash on a daily or weekly basis and return it to their front door step. Ohio law doesn't seem to care as long as a LEO doesn't witness it.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)