AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I’m confused. Are we rich or poor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 1/12/2021 22:53 (#8746853)
Subject: I’m confused. Are we rich or poor?

north west arkansas
With all these posts lately I’m so confused and not sure if it’s a steak or hotdog night. Im guessing a steak night since that’s what’s in the freezer and I’d have to go buy the hotdog! So everyone is suppose to be rich now that corn is high and now there feed pile is worth so much more but wait cattle aren’t worth anything so we are poor! So which is it? Seems like unless fats go to nothing and your not hedged then it could mess with things but seems like corn running so hard should be a good thing for fat price as it should eliminate a lot of these heavies. So if you have huge piles of 3 corn silage on hand and now you say it’s worth 5+ so you can’t afford to feed it are you suppose to wait until the price drops back to $3 before you can feed it? Holy cow guys the feed is in the pile most the calves are in the pens so unless fat cattle prices drop to nothing there isn’t anything that’s changed! Am I the only one that thinks like this? My gosh I’d go nuts if I had to ride the roller coaster and refigure everything every day. Just like people that watch there stocks everyday and get a high or low daily if there stocks go up or down. as a cow calf guy my feed is locked in but watching calf prices erode away sure isn’t gonna be easy or any fun and definitely gonna cut way into any chance of a profit, but it sure is gonna create the opportunity for more work for a guy. Been at this game for along time now and can’t ever remember a time that’s flushed more guys and gals out of this business then the last two years here have locally. I can say one thing for sure is I sure hope 1996 isn’t repeating itself as it will be a lot less fun this go around but I hope I can capitalize on the opportunities again like I did the last time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)