AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zinc in mixed fertilizers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakeb30
Posted 1/13/2021 16:51 (#8748516 - in reply to #8746163)
Subject: RE: Zinc in mixed fertilizers

for what its worth, Neal Kinsey (well Chris at his office) said they tell their customers to blend it in with p or k etc. it would be very difficult to do it any other way with a dry IMO too. I have spread it on 1 field and haven't tested again to see how evenly it spread but the mix I spread was P and K and all the micros I needed in dry form. I dont know if it spread even but I did it myself and am very comfortable with my machine. I also calibrate myself and only spread it 60ft. Anyway I dont know if I did a good job spreading it or not but I know the field is growing evenly and it is my best field easily (winter wheat).

He also addressed the question of only having 1 or 2 prills per sq ft. when I saw him speak at an event. He said over time it will break down in the soil and the microbes/worms etc. will take in the soil that is saturated with micros. Then wiggle away somewhere else and poop a small portion out. so over time nature will take its course and spread it evenly for you. Additionally things like copper he claims will take 2 years to fully break down and see on a soil test. so dont get discouraged if you dont instantly move the soil test level. Thats his opinion for whatever you think its worth. All I know is I have no fear to continue to do it this way.

Edited by jakeb30 1/13/2021 16:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)