AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

before i buy QuickBooks, is there something better?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 1/12/2021 12:38 (#8745117 - in reply to #8744977)
Subject: RE: before i buy QuickBooks, is there something better?

North of London
That was my experience too.
Used Quicken for many years, would buy the program and use it for several years until new computer required an update to get things to work correctly.

So I thought Quickbooks was the answer one time.
Partly because a Canadian version for Quicken was not available for an Apple computer and we had to run a program to run Windows to operate the Quickbooks or Quicken it was not nearly as convenient to use.
I also found I really did not need or use several of the things Quickbooks was able to do the Quicken was not able to do.

When it came time to update Quickbooks I reverted back to Quicken but can no longer buy a Canadian version and have to subscribe each year but it does keep updating regularly.

For the few invoices I need I use a spreadsheet and have a number of spreadsheets developed to handle grain inventory etc.
The spreadsheets may not be quite as convenient as they might be if incorporated into a single book keeping program but the cost of dedicated farm programs for me can not be justified for that slight inconvenience.

Each situation will be different.

BTW my accountant has no problems with Quicken or Quickbooks reports for his use in preparing taxes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)