AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Internet vs history.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 1/12/2021 10:14 (#8744765 - in reply to #8744481)
Subject: RE: The Internet vs history.

Yes, the internet is just a tool. It is not evil nor good, it is whatever mankind makes it.

What the internet did was create a system where ideas, information, and news could be shared exceptionally quickly around the entire world. That never was possible before.

It actually has been seen as the saviour of many oppressed countries as it was often the only way to “leak” info out of the country so that the rest of the world would know the atrocities and hardships that were occurring.

When I say leaked I mean often people were risking their lives just to post the truth that the government didn’t want the world to know. Often these people had to be quite creative to do it as these oppressive governments were censoring and monitoring everything to ensure that no one would speak up against their government. If they were found out, the “leak” would be plugged and the government made sure person involved paid the price. Often it cost them and even their families lives.

During these events, which usually happen in underdeveloped countries, the government is using the internet to monitor and censor the people to make sure that they do not speak out against them and ensure that they can punish those that do. I consider that to be an evil use of the internet.

Meanwhile, during these same events, someone or a group of people are using it as a lifeline to the rest of the world to try to expose the corruption, oppressions, injustices, hypocrisy, and general lawless behaviour that they are being subjected to at the hands of their governments. I consider that to be a good use of the internet.

So, the use of the internet matches the intent of the entity using it, be it good or evil.

Does anyone oppose my determination of good and evil and want to have an honest and calm discussion about the points I just made?

Edited by havin’funfarming 1/12/2021 10:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)