AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lotta respect for you northerners.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 1/12/2021 08:59 (#8744568 - in reply to #8744365)
Subject: RE: Lotta respect for you northerners.

Aggieland
I use the term blizzard in a tongue and cheek kinda way. We are not set up for snow. Just within the last few years our DOT has gotten salt spreaders but that’s mainly for the bridges and for ice. I’ve seen them put out dribbles of brine I. The last two years too so we are getting better.

My wife and I moved to this house in July and power has been stable even through a good wind storm since then. Two things I’ve noticed about this coop is their right always are not clear. Lots of trees encroaching on the lines just around my place so it’s understandable why we have the outages. The second thing is it appears as though they lack leadership. The beauty with thei online outage map is it also shows where the crews are, when the outage occurred and how many are out of power. I’ve literally watched them restore power to an area that only had 10 customers out and hadn’t been out as long as our area which had a few hundred. I’m not mad. It’s a tough job, I’m just scratching my head at their methodology. Many other on Facebook have vented their opinion that it’s their right to have power right now. Personal responsibility is quickly becoming a thing of the past. It’s YOUR job to take care of MY responsibilities. (That’s not my view point by the way!).

The outage map shows they are working on our area so we are hopeful. Wife and I are headed to the doctor to find out the gender of our last child that’s due in May, pretty excited!

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)