AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giving beans on beans a shot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ih scout
Posted 1/11/2021 11:31 (#8742276)
Subject: Giving beans on beans a shot

SE wisconsin
Looking for opinions for this scenario. I've got a rented farm that I have had for a while from a big city investor. It is pretty obvious it is not a top priority of his as farm land. They have increased rent a couple times citing prime farmland values(which it is not) and in the next breathe referencing that he wants to return in back "natural". Because of this I have only been doing maintenance on a previously low fertility timber type soil. Last year I had beans after beans on it do to my intentions of maybe giving up the farm and getting it into a similar rotation to my near by farms. It was a disaster yield wise even though they appeared healthy all season. Landlord informed me that in 22' he will be converting into natural habitat. The firm that is converting it requests bean stubble to deal with less trash. This means third year beans. I told them rent was too high because yield would be substantially lower and I wouldn't be interested. After weeks they have called back and asked if I would reconsider for one more year at reduced rent. With run up in commodities and reduced rent I agreed because I am weak. So my question, for third year beans, one year deal, low fertility soil, no starter on the planter, what management can I use to maximize this "opportunity"?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)