AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (390) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer monitor update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format
Posted 1/10/2021 06:28 (#8738611 - in reply to #8738174)
Subject: RE: Sprayer monitor update

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
I have used the Ag Leader systems in several of my own rigs. I used to work as a Tech at a place that still sells and services them. I am very partial to Ag Leader. The Ag Leader systems that I have used and continue to use utilize the Ag Leader non-ISO components. I have used an Ag Leader CAN display which could be the Insight, Edge, Integra, Versa and now the InCommand 800 or 1200.

Each of these displays can have the auto swath unlock which for practical purposes is necessary This unlock allows the Display to shut sections On/Off for you. You could do this yourself manually but you wouldn't want to. This unlock is standard on the InCommand 1200 and Integra. It is available for the other displays. If buying a used display one could buy a display without the unlock and then purchase the unlock but it would probably be better to look for one that already has it.

The system needs a device to convey your wishes as far as which sections you want to "allow" to be on. This can be done different ways but is necessary. For a Self-Propelled sprayer a "black box" or module called an Auxiliary Input Module is usually used. It connects to the CAN system and can be attached to a loose switch box or the OEM switches already in the sprayer. Your planter tractor likely has the SC110 smart switch box which is functionally equivalent to the Auxiliary Input Module and external switches. It could be used in the sprayer but generally the Auxiliary Input Module approach is more desirable.

I use the Auxiliary Input Module in my Hagie Sprayer but use the SC110 smart switch box in my planter tractor.

The system also needs another module called a Liquid Product Control Module. This black box has connections for a flow meter input, a control valve output and boom section controls. In a self propelled sprayer this module is typically mounted in the cab. On a pull-type implement it is often mounted on the implement.

Your current Raven would have similar components but you would not be able to use the Ag Leader display with those so there would be a fair amount to change should you decide to go this route.

I believe an Ag Leader system such as I describe would work well for you but I'm not certain that using the common guidance line and boundaries would be worth the cost and effort if you are happy with the Raven.

As far as an Ag Leader display, your InCommand 1200 would work fine in the sprayer unless it is needed in the planting tractor at the same time. The InCommand 800 would work for you with the unlock but the screen is smaller and not any different to run. Its not really more basic and easier to run as they both use the same operator interface.

I think you would appreciate having the same operator interface in both the planting and spraying rigs. I know I certainly do.

Edited by tedbear 1/10/2021 06:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)