AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

adding Attachments to post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/9/2021 09:14 (#8736182 - in reply to #8728103)
Subject: RE: adding Attachments to post

Word, Excel or PDF  and other files other than pics will upload but must be clicked on to open or view.

If you have a pertinent section that you want to open as a pic you can screen grab it or use the snipping tool in Windows to make an image and upload that.

You said you have the upload method down here is a previous post with screenshots on doing it that way.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=594850

You can also embed images into a post like this.

Doing it like this you can write descriptions or details with each picture to make a more organized presentation of something. 

You can embed images from around the web using the following method but it is often viewed as bandwidth theft if you are hot linking to an image posted on another site. That is because every time a post here is opened with that embedded image it is pulling it from another site that somebody else is paying for and counts toward their overall bandwidth used.

For images of your own that you have posted on a photo sharing site like mine above that is not an issue. I pay a fixed fee for picture hosting/year and I can hotlink or embed them in forums like this without issue.

That may not always be the case for a picture hosted on a personal web page etc. In those cases it might just be better to right click and "save as" the image from another site to your local computer then use the upload method here. That means the image is stored on the Newagtalk server and is not using bandwidth someone else is paying for every time the post is opened.

With that all out of the way here is the previous post I made with screenshots of how to embed images directly into your posts here like I did above.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=594849

Hope this helps.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)