AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

speed activated switch for liquid app
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/6/2021 13:22 (#8727610 - in reply to #8727021)
Subject: RE: speed activated switch for liquid app

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Interesting. It seems like this device should do what the OP is looking for switching orifices or a adding another for more flow.

I guess the system could work by switching from a small orifice to a larger one with a 3 way electric valve. That way either the small orifice OR a larger orifice would be used. Another approach would be to always use the small orifice but have a way to allow flow to go through another orifice to supplement the flow. In other words, the small orifice would be used at either rate but both would be used at the higher rate. Seems like it should have the 3 way valve on each branch which could get rather expensive. Maybe a cheaper low volume solenoid could be attached at each branch to provide the second path to each application point.

The device seems well built but fairly expensive.

I play around with Arduino. In short I have an extra board called a shield that allows me to use my smartphone to interact with the micro controller on the Arduino. The communication is done via Bluetooth. I have not explored outputting speed from the phone but I have been successful with some other projects such as using my iPhone for a shop door remote. Another similar project allows me to use the iPhone to turn ON/OFF my sprayer sections from the phone to check for leaks patterns etc.

I may explore this idea out of curiosity. If it works, I could have Siri blare out a message when my Gal exceeds the speed limit when she's driving. She has a tendency to do this quite often. The excuse is "just keeping up with traffic".

Edited by tedbear 1/6/2021 13:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)