AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No pictures on agtalk - iMac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

back.forty
Posted 1/4/2021 10:25 (#8721765 - in reply to #8716485)
Subject: Apple on security... anti virus

SE Ia

Apple says
https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Users have to install, that is, give permission to install software/viruses, then give access to location and other user permissions to said software/viruses. Apple supplies “time machine” to backup, restore and move to a new computer a users files and software. Users can also backup and restore using iCloud. Personally I prefer to keep everything local and avoid cloud services. Apple users IMO should just use apple supported software.

In my experience antivirus, backup software and device drivers have caused me grief on occasion. It’s hard to delete all traces of bad installations be it windows or MacOS. For about 40 years I haven’t felt the need to use second party security (antivirus) protection on any apple device.

I know I’m not addressing your issue. It might be the OS update. The last IOS update seems to just show my iPad and iPhones ip addresses on the network rather than identify them as an iPad and iPhone and network software classify them as potential viruses. Took me awhile to run down Mac and ip addresses on my network to discover they were an iPhone and iPad. I don’t understand why apple would, if apple did decide to just broadcast ip numbers. I did find it curious that a google search didn’t identify the devices from a MAC address search. I still have a hard time getting used to the number of devices on my local network at any one time. Tv’s, thermostats, security cameras...

I do know if I were experiencing your issue the first thing I’d try is going to the bottom of this page and delete all cookies from this site. Restart my iMac, log back into this site and see what happens. Might not help but it’s a good first step.

This iOS updated iPad seems to load images on this site fine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)