AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How the Mediterranean diet came about
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/27/2020 11:20 (#8700702)
Subject: How the Mediterranean diet came about

Pittsburg, Kansas

Around minute 12. So much of what we have learned about proper diet has came from suspect sources.

A video of giants in the low carb community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yywNw9hH2B4&t=2113s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yywNw9hH2B4&t=2113s

At 21 minutes was a particularly interesting segment about type II diabetic insulin resistance. It fit me to a "T".

A really interesting comment around minute 38 or 39 by Dr Paul Mason about omega 6. He thinks the omega 6 fats from grain fed animals are not a problem and even the omega 6 to 3 ratio is not a problem. He thinks the problem with omega 6 oils are that they are oxidized when we consume them. So the oxidation is the problem, not the omega 6 per se. So in his estimation the grain fed vs grass fed beef is not that big of issue. The omega 6 fat within the grain fed beef fat is not already oxidized when we eat it so the body has no problem with it. Hmmmm. Hope that proves out to be correct.

Following around minute 40 or 42 is a really interesting discussion on cholesterol. I was really surprised that our lats annual health visit with our fairly new and young doctor he did not even order cholesterol on our blood work. When I checked to see what our readings were it was not listed. I think he stays up on the research. This is the same doctor that would prescribe us Ivermectin.

I think some doctors stay more up to date than others. Also important is our doctor is an independent. He is not forced to follow certain practices of an overseeing medical employer.

John

Edited by John Burns 12/27/2020 20:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)