AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zero carbohydrate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 12/27/2020 11:21 (#8700707 - in reply to #8700488)
Subject: RE: Zero carbohydrate

John Burns - 12/27/2020 09:40

With me it is more of an addiction thing.
John

That's the thing many people don't realize. I think of it as a form of obsessive/compulsive behavior. I don't call it OCD, since the "D" stands for disorder, and this has a pretty defined medical definition. I have called it obsessive/compulsive tendencies, and some of these tendencies can be extremely difficult to deal with. IMHO, it is closely related to having a drinking problem. Or a smoking problem. As I've said before (I'm sure - G), if genes were "blended" when we had kids, these troublesome genes would have probably died out a very long time ago. Easy going people would have married easy going people, and the difficult people would never have gotten along married to other difficult people. But it seems that more easy going people are attracted to these people who have abilities to get things done that others do not. In the extreme, think Steve Jobs. These driven obsessive/compulsive people will often accomplish things that more easy going people will not, so those genes are valuable. And so, they are passed on. Genes are not "blended" - "chunks" are pulled out and combined with "chunks" from the other person. It seems that there is a very good reason why things are designed this way.

But, those traits can be very difficult to deal with. And, that's an understatement. (G)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)