AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

another water softener question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/25/2020 09:55 (#8696441 - in reply to #8695771)
Subject: RE: another water softener question

central - east central Minnesota -

Brassring - 12/24/2020 22:05 I have had softener's for many yrs. seems they keep using salt, but the water doesn't feel soft like it did when the thing was newer, the one I have is about 13 yrs. old now,was thinking maybe it's time to replace, BUT does it have to be replaced? I've used some cleaner in it but not sure if it help's, was wondering if there is a sure fire way to clean the rison pellets or just replace? TIA Bob

There are cleaners for the resin - it does work, but generally, new resin needs to be added or simply replaced. If it is a good softener, with quality controllers, then replacing the resin is worthy consideration and less expensive then complete replacement. There was a guy on our local Craigslist that picked up used softeners from around and refurbished them (cleaning the resin and always added new) he said the key to cleaning the resin was using clean purified water with the cleaning agents. Softened water would simple contaminate the resin, never getting them cleaned off/out. There are different types of resin - each offers cleaning for specific types of water (calcium, iron, manganese, etc, etc ) . . . be aware of that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)