AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kind of sad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 12/21/2020 08:26 (#8686522 - in reply to #8685649)
Subject: RE: Kind of sad

sw ontario
Sorry about your Son from the other post , so hard to lose a child at any time/age...

IDK how many more/less are getting assistance today , but we have a lot of 'working poor' who working a minimun wage job and with price of housing/food/essentials are relying on food banks to make it payday to payday....

When in Columbus , Oh. grocery store the young Mother with 2 small kids was checking out ahead of us and she handed the cashier a WIC coupon and noticed in her cart it was all healthy food, veggies,formula,diapers, , 0 alcohol/smokes and when our turn I asked cashier what that was and found out its a women,infant, child program and its restricted to what you can buy with the program...

Kinda , no a lot disappointed with some of the first replies to OP as we never know what others are going through and , speaking for me in Canada as a farmer I have received many welfare type handouts
and am pretty sick that those nof us much more fortunate have to bash others....

Sure some abuse the welfare system , just like farmers abuse gov't programs/crop ins.,

Merry Christmas and let's all be more kind in 2021
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)